Powered by a Honda GX390 engine, the 853 is BCS's most versatile standard (dry clutch) tractor.
- Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- All Gear Drive w/ Heat-treated Steel Gears & Embedded Ball Bearings
- Double Cone Clutch
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- Limited Lifetime Transmission Warranty*
- 3-year Engine Warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted Anti-Vibration Handlebars w/ 180º Rotation
- 7 Vertical Handelbar Settings (front & rear)
- 3 Horizontal Handlebar Settings (front & rear)
- Three Working Speeds in Each Direction
- Transport Speed (rear-mount only)
- 22" Tires
- Individual Wheel Brakes
- Available with Recoil Start or Electric Start (w/ Recoil backup)
- Honda GX390
- Electric Start Option:
- All Gear Drive
- Clutch Type:
- Double Cone, Spring-Loaded
- Axle Configuration:
- Differential Drive with Lockout
- Working Gears:
- 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Gear Speeds:
- 0.9, 2.0 and 3.0 MPH
- Transport Gear Speed:
- 9.2 MPH
- Standard Wheel/Tire Size:
- 342 pounds (with 30'' tiller)
- Individual Wheel (Steering) Brakes:
One of BCS’s most popular models, model 853 is a larger, more fully-featured version of the 732.
The four-speed transmission includes three working speeds in both directions, with third gear being particularly helpful when mowing large areas. Fourth gear is strictly a transport speed enabling you to drive the BCS Utility Trailer down the lane at speeds up to 9+ miles per hour!
Designed to better accommodate larger, heavier attachments, such as the 32” Brush Mower and 35” Flail Mower, the 853 includes an individual brake for each wheel, making it easier to turn and maneuver. To power larger attachments, the engine size is increased to Honda’s GX390 engine. And, with a longer transmission, the standard tire size for the 853 is increased to 22” in diameter; a real plus when navigating uneven terrain and straddling raised beds.
Like all Professional Series models, the 853 features the ease and convenience of Differential Drive. When traction to the wheels is needed, a flip of the lever locks out the differential feature and provides positive pulling/pushing power to both wheels.
Add to these features -- a shuttle-style forward/reverse, BCS’s advanced handlebar system with instant access to seven vertical and three horizontal positions, and optional electric start – it’s easy to see why the Model 853 is so popular, particularly among rural property owners.