Save time and effort while evenly distributing amendments with the BCS Spreader.
- Watch Now: Click here to see the Spreader in action on YouTube
- 6.5 cubic foot capacity struck level (approx. 9 cu. ft. heaped)
- With Expansion Kit: 10.7 cu. ft. struck level (approx. 15 cu. ft. heaped)
- Maximum recommended load is 1000 lbs
- Spreads compost, fertilizer, sand, and more
- Stainless steel box for longer life
- Spread width is 30''
- Spreader can straddle 30'' rows -- about 36'' in between wheels
- Outside dimension is 45''
- Lug tires allow the drive system to function on dirt walkways or turf
- Requires Curved Coupler (version depends on tractor model)
- Fits models 732 and up (5x10 wheels recommended)
- Assembled dimensions are 63" Length x 45" Width x 27" Height (approx.)
Compost is a key ingredient to produce higher yields and is absolutely essential as an amendment between succession plantings. Applying compost to planting beds is also a time-consuming job -- until now.
The BCS Spreader saves time and effort while increasing distribution efficiency. Forget about wheelbarrows, shovels, and rakes! The Spreader lays down a regulated depth of compost with 13 settings ranging from 1/8” to 1”. The width is 30” -- perfect for 30”-wide growing beds. And the distance between the spreader’s wheels is 36”, so it can effectively straddle 30'' raised beds up to 6 inches tall. From our testing, a full load spreading at 3/8" will easily cover 100 linear feet.
Expansion Kit: A 14 gauge galvanized steel Expansion Kit is available for the Spreader that increases the carrying capacity to 15.3 cubic feet heaped (10.7 cu. ft. struck level). With the increased capacity of the Expansion Kit, the Spreader will easily cover a 100' row spreading at a depth of 3/4".
Mechanically, the all-terrain lug tires drive a full-width, heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt, allowing the compost to evenly discharge from the front of the spreader. Once the end gate sets the spread depth, the unit continues spreading to the desired depth regardless of tractor speed. Activating a lever on the operator's side of the unit stops the belt at the end of the row, avoiding spillage while turning around or transporting.
Watch Now: Click here to see the Spreader in action on our YouTube channel.
The Spreader is designed to handle dry, granular-type materials, including:
- Calcined Clay
- Fine cut wood chips
- Infield clay for baseball fields
- Topdressing blends
The maximum recommended load is 1000 lbs, with or without the Expansion Kit.
Made in the USA, the BCS Spreader is manufactured by a firm specializing in spreaders -- Earth and Turf of New Holland, PA.
Required Accessory: Curved Coupler. Small version (92259500) for 739 and below, Large version (92247720) for 749 and up.