Model 749 is the gold standard two-wheel tractor for Market Farmers. Equivalent in engine power and attachment compatibility to Model 853, with an upgraded hydraulic clutch.
- Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- All Gear Drive w/ Heat-treated Steel Gears & Embedded Ball Bearings
- Patented Hydro-mechanical "wet" Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- Limited Lifetime Transmission Warranty*
- 3-year Engine Warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted Anti-Vibration Handlebars w/ 180º Rotation
- 7 Vertical Handelbar Settings (front & rear)
- 3 Horizontal Handlebar Settings (front & rear)
- Three Working Speeds in Each Direction
- 22" Tires
- Individual Wheel Brakes
- Parking Brake
- Available with Recoil Start or Electric Start (w/ Recoil backup)
- Honda GX390
- Electric Start Option:
- All Gear Drive
- Clutch Type:
- Patented PowerSafe Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Axle Configuration:
- Differential Drive with Lockout
- Working Gears:
- 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Gear Speeds:
- 0.9, 2.0 and 3.0 MPH
- Transport Gear Speed:
- Standard Wheel/Tire Size:
- 342 pounds (with 30'' tiller)
- Individual Wheel (Steering) Brakes:
- Parking Brake:
PowerSafe Model 749 is a larger, more fully-featured version of the 739. Designed to better accommodate larger, heavier attachments, such as the 32” Brush Mower and 35” Flail Mower, the 749 includes an individual brake for each wheel, making it easier to turn and maneuver. To power larger attachments, the engine size is increased to Honda’s GX390 (13HP) engine. And, with a longer transmission, the standard tire size for the 749 is increased to 22” in diameter; a huge advantage when navigating uneven terrain and straddling raised beds.
Like the 739, Model 749 features the patented "PowerSafe" hydro-mechanical clutch which is particularly well-suited for long hours of use with high torque implements like the Flail Mower and Chipper/Shredder. The durability of the PowerSafe clutch is also reflected in its 5-year warranty (for both commercial and non-commercial use) and ability to withstand the frequent abuse by multiple operators. Finally, the hydraulic clutch is more user-friendly. Since the clutch lever is operating a hydraulic valve rather than compressing a spring, shifting gears with the hydraulic clutch requires less hand pressure to depress the lever.
Like the 739 and all Professional Series models, the 749 features the ease and convenience of differential drive. When traction to the wheels is needed, a flip of the lever locks out the differential feature and provides positive pulling/pushing power to both wheels.
Add to these features — three working speeds in both directions, a shuttle-style forward/reverse, BCS’s advanced handlebar system with instant access to seven vertical and three horizontal positions, and optional electric start – and it’s easy to see why the Model 749 is so popular among institutional users, professional market farmers, and rural property owners.