Powered by a Honda GX340 engine and a PowerSafe clutch, the 739 has three working speeds in both directions.
- Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- All Gear Drive w/ Heat-treated Steel Gears & Embedded Ball Bearings
- Patented Hydro-mechanical "wet" Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- Limited Lifetime Transmission Warranty*
- 3-year Engine Warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted Anti-Vibration Handlebars w/ 180º Rotation
- 7 Vertical Handelbar Settings (front & rear)
- 3 Horizontal Handlebar Settings (front & rear)
- Three Working Speeds in Each Direction
- Parking Brake
- Available with Recoil Start or Electric Start (w/ Recoil backup)
- Honda GX340
- Electric Start Option:
- All Gear Drive
- Clutch Type:
- Patented PowerSafe Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Axle Configuration:
- Differential Drive with Lockout
- Working Gears:
- 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Gear Speeds:
- 0.78, 1.8 and 2.7 MPH
- Transport Gear Speed:
- Standard Wheel/Tire Size:
- 317 pounds (with 26'' tiller)
- Parking Brake:
PowerSafe Model 739 is the entry model to BCS tractors that feature the PowerSafe clutch and includes a third working speed. At 2.7 mph, third gear provides both a comfortable walking speed when transporting the machine and a functional speed when mowing with the rotary Brush Mower, Flail Mower, Lawn Mower, and Dual Action Sickle Bar.
Another important asset when mowing - differential drive and “turn-on-a-dime” maneuverability. The ease of turning makes the job more enjoyable for all applications. The BCS differential drive includes an on-demand lock, so posi-traction is available for circumstances such as mowing across steep slopes and clearing snow on slippery surfaces.
Powered by Honda’s GX340 (11HP) engine, the range of compatible attachments for model 739 expands to include virtually all BCS attachments. It is available in recoil or electric start.
While the designation “PowerSafe” refers to its compliance with the safety standards currently required by the European Union, the key feature difference from our standard models is its wet, hydro-mechanical clutch. The benefits of this clutch are many:
- The clutch is cooled by circulated oil, rather than air, so it maintains a cooler operating temperature when powering high torque implements, such as the flail mower and chipper. This is particularly important when such attachments are operated for prolonged hours of use.
- It is relatively more “abuse proof” when used by multiple operators – employees, farm interns, your brother-in-law, …
- It is more durable as evidenced by its 5-year warranty.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it is more user-friendly.
Given the long-term investment made by our customers, in combination with the unpredictability of their long-term needs, it is understandable that the model 739 is one of BCS’s most popular models.