Intended for commercial applications, this hydrostatic machine operates front-mount implements only.
- Designed for Front-Mount Attachments ONLY
- Hydrostatic Drive
- Hydraulically Controlled Steering
- All Gear Drive w/ Heat-treated Steel Gears & Embedded Ball Bearings
- Patented Hydro-mechanical "wet" Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- Limited Lifetime Transmission Warranty*
- 3-year Engine Warranty
- Easily Adjusted Anti-Vibration Handlebars
- Two Working Speed Ranges
- 24" Axle Width (wheels not included)
- Automatic Parking Brake
- Vanguard 16HP Twin Cylinder
- Electric Start Option:
- Clutch Type:
- Patented PowerSafe Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Axle Configuration:
- 24'' Axle Width
- Hydraulic Steering:
- Working Gear Speeds:
- Low Range: 0 - 3 MPH; High Range: 0 - 4.5 MPH
- Transport Gear:
- Standard Wheel/Tire Size:
- Variable (wheels not included)
- 58'' length x 24'' axle width
- 331 lbs. (without wheels)
- Individual Wheel (Steering) Brakes:
The 660 HYWS features state-of-the art technology from BCS. Equipped with hydraulically assisted steering and hydrostatic drive, Model 660 combines performance with ease-of-use for tackling jobs where you wouldn't dare take a traditional mower or tractor.
Designed for commercial front-mount applications only, Model 660 features a 16HP twin cylinder Vanguard engine to provide both the power and engine oil lubrication needed for slopes up to 30 degrees. Hydraulically-activated, individual clutch-brake mechanisms allow operators to effortlessly navigate steep and rough terrain while enjoying the benefits of positive wheel traction.
Model 660's most exciting feature is its hydrostatic transmission, which enables the operator to select the exact ground speed and direction of travel without the need to shift or vary the throttle setting. The tractor transmission features the strength and reliability of cylindrical gears in oil bath with helically-cut teeth driving the gearbox's main shaft to the hydrostatic pump. Model 660 is the only hydrostatic walk-behind machine in the world to be equipped with the patented and highly durable PowerSafe clutch.
The comfortable "EasyGrip" lever on the right handlebar precisely dictates the machine's ground speed, which is especially convenient for applications that require frequent changes of direction. A hi and low range speed selector rod provides two different maximum and minimum speeds. The high range is for mowing light material quickly, while the low range is intended for heavy, more arduous cutting applications.
The machine also features an "auto hold" braking ability which locks the machine in position, even when the engine is off. A manual release mechanism protected by a safety lock gives the operator the ability to "free wheel" the machine in neutral when necessary.
Model 660 has several wheel options to accommodate the large range of applications that the machine is suited for. Please see the image below for a guide to the overall track width with different wheel options installed.